Optimum working conditions with extra length
Jeld-Wen is an American company that designs, produces and distributes interior and exterior doors worldwide. The company operates more than 120 manufacturing facilities in 19 countries worldwide.
Jeld-Wen has a great focus on the well-being of their employees, and are constantly looking for solutions to optimise the working conditions, environment and ergonomics at their facilities.
Jeld-Wen needed a solution for handling pallets with materials used in the production and with finished goods. They needed to transport the pallets and to lift them to optimum working positions. The pallets Jeld-Wen are handling are longer than ordinary pallets, and therefore they needed a customised highlifter with 1520 mm long forks.
It was important to Jeld-Wen, that the solution was safe and easy to handle and naturally was optimising and improving the working conditions and ergonomics at the facilities. Equally important was, that the solution despite of the long forks, had a high manoeuvrability to ensure a maximum utilisation of the space in the production area.
Jeld-Wen was experiencing increased efficiency in the production line, optimum working conditions and fewer sick days caused by back pain and bad ergonomics. The employees are happy with this solution as well, since they experience less stressful working days and increased efficiency in the workflow.
- The user is ensured an optimum ergonomic working position
- High efficiency in the production line
- Less days lost through sickness
- With one truck the operator can transport and lift products
- Options between various fork lengths up to 2000 mm
- Lifting capacity up to 1500 kg
- High product safety
- Many optional extras: remote control, level control, brake, external or built-in charger
- Low maintenance costs
- Available with manual and electric lifting function
- Is tested thoroughly and has a long operating life
- High manoeuvrability and maximum utilisation of space